Monday, July 4, 2011

Opposites Attract then Drive Each Other Crazy...

unless there is mutual trust and of course, love, "which covers a multitude of sins."  :D
I finally got to the store Saturday to complete my anniversary bouquet that I was headed to get on Friday when the accident occurred. It is the perfect visual for my marriage.  I highly value symbolism, irony, metaphor... oh and puns... the lowest form of humor according to my husband.  Keep the above in mind when you see our anniversary bouquet.
Guess who the puffy, frilly hydrangeas represent and the spiky, thistle-like "flowers" represent?  But don't they look good together?  The contrast of the shapes and the colors coordinate so well. This is what God intends for our marriage.  Don't they kind of look like fireworks?
      It's interesting that today, more than one person on Facebook has said, "Independence doesn't make you free."  Only Jesus can truly do that.  Funny that only in submission to our King are we truly freed. 

Happy 4th of July everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment